I’m really struggling to stay on track, I have had another week of working away. The nature of my job does not allow me to work while I am away.
This week there was not the oppourtunity to capture images.
The travelling time however has given me the opportunity to really consider my final major project. I have made the following assumptions
- I don’t currently have the time to begin again
- I am passionate about my style of photography.
- I need to streamline the way I am approaching the project
- I need to put my focus on mobile photography as I had originally planned.
- I think I want to focus on black and white images
- I need to streamline the research, have more focus, I am making things much more difficult for myself.
I need to make the time to go through the assessment feedback from the last module so that I can develop and improve on this module. I am also going to start preparing the assessment materials for the current module.
Sadly I haven’t heard back from any of the photographers that I have contacted – I think in order to network I am going to have to sign up for some courses just to meet others.
I do have a local photography group but their meetings are on a Thursday night which is the only time that I can attend the Course Webinars, so I find myself in a Catch 22.
Fortunately this week should be the last I am away and I will be able to dedicate myself to my work, which is going to be a huge relief.
One area that is becoming a struggle is that the essential reading documents are not available online therefore I am trying to get ahead and order the books online but this is also contributing to me being further behind.
This weeks activity was to create a marketing plan – the following was some of the thoughts that I had to be able to achieve this:
- To raise my profile in the photography industry in the North East.
- To enter some photography competitions (at least 6 per year)
- To develop my skills and knowledge and attend at least 1 workshop
- To interact regularly with a photography network.
- To increase interaction on my social media pages and website.
- To make my online website less cluttered and more appropriate
- Become better at curating.
- Edit/Update portfolio and website regularly
- Prepare a PDF portfolio presentation
- Write and publish a blog post and send out a mail shot once a week/fortnight
- Spend 10 minutes everyday on social media
This week I have spent time (since I needed to be mobile) looking through Macro images on Instagram and Google one image I did particularly like was this image, it is along the same lines as where I would like my work to go in the future but I would also like to be able to capture this amount of detail in my current work. I think the composition of this work is really nice too.